Pakistan draws UNSG’s attention towards deteriorating regional security via letter
The foreign minister said it is imperative to take steps for de-escalation. He urged the UN to step in to defuse the tension.
Foreign Minister Qureshi said that the Pulwama attack on Indian troops was ostensibly and even by Indian accounts carried out by a Kashmiri resident of Indian Occupied Kashmir. He said attributing it to Pakistan even before investigations is absurd.
Pulwama attack: Pakistan recalls its diplomat ... 12:26 PM | 18 Feb, 2019
LAHORE – Pakistan on Monday called back its high commissioner in New Delhi, Sohail Mahmood, for consultations. He ...
He said India has also hinted that it may abandon the Indus Waters Treaty which he said would be a grievous error.
Shah Mehmood Qureshi said India must be asked to conduct an open and credible investigation on Pulwama incident. He said the UN Secretary-General should ask India to refrain from further escalating the situation and enter into dialogue with Pakistan and the Kashmiris to calm the situation down.
The foreign minister also requested that his letter may be circulated to members of the Security Council and General Assembly.
- IHC larger bench discharges contempt notice against ex-PM Imran Khan02:15 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Shahnawaz Amir’s remand extended in Sarah Inam murder case01:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- CM Pervez Elahi inaugurates Punjab Ehsaas Rashan Riayat Programme12:47 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...11:53 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 03 October 202211:48 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's post workout glow leaves fans stunned09:02 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022