CJP takes sou motu notice of Naqeebullah’s extra-judicial killing
ISLAMABAD- Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Justice Mian Saqib Nisar has taken a suo motu notice over the 'encounter' of Naqeebullah Mehsud in Shah Latif Town of Karachi.
The chief justice Friday summoned a report from the Sindh police chief in seven days.
On January 12, a police encounter took place in Shah Latif Town of Karachi under the supervision of Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Malir Rao Anwar. During this shoot-out, four alleged members of banned outfit Tahreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) were killed. Amongst these four alleged terrorists was 27-years-old Naseemullah, alias Naqeeb Mehsud.
Ever since his killing, disputed claims have emerged from his family that Naqeeb was abducted on 3rd January and his killing is extrajudicial. These claims have caused a social media uproar.
After the social media uproar against the ‘extrajudicial encounter’ of Naqeeb, Chairman PPP Bilawal Bhutto Zardari has ordered an inquiry into the case as more details pointing towards mysterious circumstances emerge.
Upon Bilawal's direction, Sindh's Home Miniter Sohail Anwar Siyal has appointed DIG Police South Zone, Karachi, to conduct an inquiry into the matter and to submit findings within 15 days.
Mysterious case of Naqeeb Mehsud, the alleged ... 08:41 PM | 18 Jan, 2018
KARACHI- On January 12, a police encounter took place in Shah Latif Town of Karachi under the supervision of Senior ...
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Malir Rao Anwar on Friday appeared before the inquiry committee.
SSP Rao Anwar appears before probe team in Naqeeb ... 12:48 PM | 19 Jan, 2018
KARACHI - Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Malir Rao Anwar on Friday appeared before an inquiry committee, probing ...
According to the reports, Rao Anwaar has submitted the 'criminal record' of Naqeebulla, an alleged terrorist killed in the police encounter on January 12, before the probing committee.
SSP Rao Anwar submits Naqeebullah's 'criminal ... 04:51 PM | 19 Jan, 2018
KARACHI- Senior Superintendent Police (SSP) Rao Anwaar has submitted the 'criminal record' of Naqeebulla, an alleged ...
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019