Larkana: Student left paralysed and mute after brutal torture at Cadet college

03:41 PM | 19 Nov, 2016
Larkana: Student left paralysed and mute after brutal torture at Cadet college
LARKANA - A teenage student was allegedly brutally tortured by a teacher in Cadet College Larkana.

Muhammad Ahmed, 13-and-a-half years old broke his sensitive bones of his neck after being strangulated and suffered a paralytic attack due to which his left limbs have been deadened.

His distressed father told that his son has been bed-ridden since August 10. “He is on a liquid diet as he can neither digest nor chew solid food,” he added.

“My son has made no recovery in more than three months … the torture my son has been subjected to is visible to everyone,” said Rashid. “Since the day of the incident, my son had been on ventilator for 18 days and underwent dialysis 14 times.”


"On August 6 just after school reopened after summer vacations I received a phone call from station master GM Bhatti saying that my son had suffered fits."

He claims that when he reached the school his son was covered with injuries on his face, chest, head, back and lower limbs.

“My son, wearing school uniform, lay unconscious and bore torture marks on his right foot, back and neck. His eyes and tongue had popped out and his lips and tongue were bloodied,” he said.

Rashid said a doctor at the hospital referred his son to Karachi. “Now questions are being raised on the mental health of my son … If this was true, how did he manage to get admission in the cadet college?”

The distressed father said Ahmed excelled in his studies in Class VII at the same institution and won various quiz and spelling competitions. “He was a brilliant and hardworking student.”


After failing to get satisfactory treatment from doctors in Larkana he came to Karachi where health experts pointed out that the condition had been caused due to assault.

His medical treatment is possible in the United States doctors have said, but his parents claim they don’t have the resources to take him there. His father appealed to COAS for justice.

Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah took notice of that incident and vowed to hold a transparent inquiry and bear medical expenses for the student.

The Chief Minister directed his cabinet that the child be take abroad for treatment if the need arises. He added that strict action would be taken against any teacher found guilty of hurting Ahmed.

Provincial Education Minister Jaam Mehtab ordered the formation of a medical board to investigate the torture claim. “Corporal punishment by schoolteachers will not be tolerated,” he said.