IHC reserves verdict on Sharifs petition seeking suspension of Avenfield reference conviction
ISLAMABAD - The Islamabad High Court(IHC) has reserved the verdict on a slew of pleas filed by former prime minister Nawaz Sharif , his daughter Maryam Nawaz and son-in-law Captain (retd) Safdar seeking suspension of the verdict in the Avenfield properties reference.
A two-member IHC bench comprising Justice Athar Minallah and Justice Miangul Hassan Aurangzeb concluded hearing of Nawaz 's petition on Monday and NAB's Deputy Prosecutor Sardar Muzaffar Abbasi completed his arguments.
PTI-dominated cabinet decides to place Nawaz, ... 04:10 PM | 20 Aug, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The newly inducted federal cabinet, under the chair of Imran Khan, decided on Monday to place imprisoned ...
Justice Minallah said that the verdict will be announced at an appropriate time, adding that “We will issue a reasonable order.”
The Sharifs had challenged their convictions in the IHC , highlighting the legal flaws in the Avenfield case judgment, asking for the accountability court's verdict to be declared null and void, and the three convicts be released on bail.
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019