NAB launches fresh probe against Maryam Nawaz for money laundering
Besides Maryam, former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, Shahbaz Sharif, Hamza Shahbaz and Yousuf Abbas would be interrogated for owning the M/s Chaudhry Sugar Mills Ltd.
The bureau has also summoned Yousuf Abbas - for the first time - on July 23 to appear before a combined investigation team of the NAB at Thokar Niaz Baig and record his statement.
NAB court dismisses plea against Maryam Nawaz in ... 10:24 AM | 19 Jul, 2019
ISLAMABAD - The Accountability Court on Friday dismissed the National Accountability Bureau plea against Pakistan ...
“The competent authority has taken the cognizance of offences committed by the owners of the Chaudhry Sugar Mills under the provisions of the NAB Ordinance 1999 and Anti-Money Laundering Act 2010,” the bureau stated in the letter to Yousuf Abbas who happens to be the son of Abbas Sharif; Abbas Sharif was the brother of Shehbaz and Nawaz Sharif.
The NAB asked Yousaf Abbas to “specify the channel through which payment was received for exports, including banking accounts where the payment was received, country of export, quality of sugar exported.”
Yousuf Abbas was also asked to provide details of investment/loans given to M/s Shamim Sugar Mills Ltd, all TTs sent and received by him and loan of Rs800 million given to him by various entities as reported in his wealth statement.
Mr Abbas was warned that failing to comply with this notice may entail penal consequences as provided in Section 2 of the NAO 1999.
The bureau has initiated the probe after reportedly tracing numerous telegraphic transfers (TTs) worth millions of rupees by the Sharif family and the end beneficiaries included Maryam Nawaz and other owners of the Chaudhry Sugar Mills.
The bureau can also send a questionnaire to former premier Nawaz Sharif at Kot Lakhpat jail instead of summoning her, Dawn News reported.
Meanwhile, Suleman Sharif, the son of Shehbaz Sharif, termed the notice political witch hunt and victimisation.
Yousaf Abbas Sharif has never been in political arena or a public office holder. NAB summons to him another example of political witch hunt and victimisation by Cocaine Khan.— Suleman Sharif (@SulemanSharif82) July 19, 2019
Freeze Bank Accounts
The NAB Lahore on Friday wrote to over a dozen commercial banks to freeze more than 150 accounts of Opposition Leader in National Assembly Shahbaz Sharif, his sons Hamza and Salman, his wives, daughters and daughters-in-law.
Earlier, the NAB Lahore had written to the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP), director general of the Excise & Taxation Department, the Model Town Housing Society secretary, the Judicial Employees Cooperative Housing Society secretary, the Galliat Development Authority director general and others to get attached all movable and immovable properties of Shahbaz Sharif and his family members.
- Live Open Market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:05 AM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 23 January 202108:45 AM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Javed Afridi meets PM Imran to discuss of foreign direct investment ...11:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- NAB summons Fazlur Rehman’s son-in-law to declare assets10:37 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- COAS Bajwa congratulates Nepalese climbers for first winter ascent of ...09:32 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Sara Ali Khan swings into the weekend with style in Maldives03:56 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Pakistanis plan an ‘Urdu Mushaira’ outside Islamabad café as ...03:34 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Cannoli café manager gets job offers from Shahbaz Taseer and Karak ...05:59 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021