PM Nawaz condemns martyrdom of navy officials, resolves to end terrorism
In a statement, the Prime Minister added that such terrorist attacks would not deter efforts to end terrorism and extremism. He said that an uncertain province was turned into a peaceful one with the great sacrifices offered by security officials.
He prayed for eternal peace of the martyrs and condoled with the bereaved families over their irreparable loss.
On Monday, two Navy sailors were martyred and at least three others were wounded when their vehicle was attacked in the Jiwani area of Gwadar district, Balochistan on Monday.
The sailors were transporting iftar items during a routine run from Jiwani city when their vehicle was ambushed by four assailants on two motorbikes, reported DawnNews.
The assailants opened fire on the vehicle indiscriminately, leaving one man martyred and five wounded, he said.
The five wounded were shifted to Karachi for medical treatment. One of the wounded succumbed to his injuries, bringing the death toll to two, the official added.
- 20 more matches decided in 2nd Tennis Lovers Punjab Open Tennis ...08:15 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Jazz secures Telecom sector’s largest credit facility, fully ...07:58 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- President Alvi for transparency in recruitment process of FPSC07:24 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Tarin chairs meeting of Cabinet Committee on Privatization07:05 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- ‘I don’t have a big belly,’ Abdul Qavi responds to his viral ...04:30 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- The Undertaker challenges Akshay Kumar to a 'real match'04:06 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah addresses the backlash over her criticism directed at ...03:42 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan seeks explanation from HBO management for censoring PM ...11:02 AM | 23 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021