Pakistan lodges protest with India over ceasefire violation
ISLAMABAD - A senior Indian diplomat was summoned to Foreign Office today and a strong protest was lodged over the ceasefire violations by the Indian occupation forces in Chirikot Sector along the Line of Control yesterday.
In a statement, Foreign Office Spokesperson Aisha Farooqui said an innocent civilians sustained injuries in the indiscriminate and unprovoked firing by the Indian occupation forces.
The Spokesperson said the Indian occupation forces along the LoC and the Working Boundary have continuously been targeting civilian populated areas with artillery fire, heavy-caliber mortars and automatic weapons. In 2020, India has so far committed 1102 ceasefire violations.
Condemning the deplorable targeting of innocent civilians by the Indian occupation forces, the Spokesperson underscored that such senseless acts are in clear violation of the 2003 ceasefire understanding, and are also against all established humanitarian norms and professional military conduct.
She said these egregious violations of international law reflect consistent Indian attempts to escalate the situation along the LoC and are a threat to regional peace and security.
She said by raising tensions along the LoC and the WB, India cannot divert attention from the grave human rights situation in the Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020