PM Imran urges Pakistani diaspora in Malaysia to send remittances legally
Addressing a community of diaspora on Wednesday, the premier expressed that Mahathir Mohamed did not establish factories to satisfy personal interest adding that Pakistan’s ambassador to Malaysia worked tirelessly for his country's sake.
The current government’s priority is to get investments from abroad. Pakistan needs to improve its governance as it has immense potential, said the premier.
'We will make money laundering very difficult for people in Pakistan,' vowed the premier, adding that he was getting details of those attempting to send money abroad illegally.
Malaysia rolls out red carpet for PM Imran on ... 09:29 PM | 20 Nov, 2018
KUALA LUMPUR – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Tuesday reached Kuala Lumpur on a two-day official visit of Malaysia, ...
Imran Khan said that the suspect involved in money laundering was now behind bars, without naming anyone.
Khan reiterated that foreign investment was crucial for Pakistan's economic progress.
The prime minister also dished in on matters of domestic politics saying, the opposition wanted him to fail but hastened to add that he will remain a threat to the opposition.
'As long as I am in power, the opposition is in danger,' asserted the prime minister.
He observed that those who were making noise at the moment are well aware that they have to be behind bars soon.
'No one would be granted NRO,' said the premier.
The prime minister affirmed that once the debt crisis is over, Pakistan would not need any loans but would instead lend loans to other states. He also invited the overseas Pakistanis to invest in the home country as part of their national obligation.
He asserted that the government would ease the conditions for businessmen to invest in the country, citing the example of Mahathir Mohamed.
- Lal Masjid cleric Abdul Aziz booked for using TTP's name to threaten ...09:53 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- PM’s aide Shahzad Akbar tests positive for Covid-1909:24 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani, Canadian FMs discuss Afghanistan in phone call09:10 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to pay for treatment of Pakistan’s second tallest man08:50 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani celebs express disappointment after NZ tour called off05:30 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- ‘Dafaa Hojao Tum’ — Resham set to star in Faseeh Bari Khan's ...04:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2021