Zong conducts first 5G trials in Pakistan
After this successful 5G trial, Zong is harbingering a new digital revolution in the country and is putting Pakistan on the elite list of countries which have successfully conducted 5G trials, stated a press release issued by the company on Thursday.
Zong’s technological prowess brings the new era of digital future close for its valued customers.
Pioneering 4G in Pakistan, Zong CMPak is the market leader with more than 11,000 4G cell sites and largest 4G subscriber base. Delivering many firsts in the Pakistani telecom industry – the first to launch 4G in Pakistan, first to cross the prolific mark of 11,000+ 4G towers and the first to reach the more 13 million 4G customers mark and first to conduct successful 5G trial- the company is partaking its role in building the digital future of Pakistan.
Zong CMPAK has been at the forefront in technological innovation within the country and has unveiled a glimpse into the future to deliver on its promise of best-in-class services to meet the communication needs of the millions of Pakistanis.
“We are excited to announce that, today, Zong CMPAK has successfully conducted trials on its 5G network and has become the first and only network to do so. We are committed in our resolve to provide our customers with state-of-the-art communication and digital experience. Through our successful 5G trials, we just gave a glimpse of how the future of mobile connectivity will unfold and Pakistan will soon start to experience, “said Wang Hua, Chairman, and CEO, Zong 4G.
He continued, “We just brought future closer and opened an array of infinite possibilities for our valued customers.”
The event was also attended by Shoaib Ahmed Siddiqui, Secretary Information Technology and Telecommunication division on behalf of Dr Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui, Federal Minister for Information Technology and Telecommunication, Maj Gen Amir Azeem Bajwa (r), Chairman, Pakistan Telecommunications Authority and Dr Wang Zhihua, Economic & Commercial Counsellor, Chinese Embassy, along with dignitaries from various government entities, telecom industry and the corporate sector.
- Price of High Speed Diesel reduced by Rs 2.40 per liter09:10 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan's nuclear, strategic capability safe and secure: PM Imran08:53 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- ECC raises electricity prices, gas meter rent11:41 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Mini smart lockdown imposed in parts of Karachi after Covid-19 spike10:44 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- First Pakistan-made bloodless dialysis machine to start functioning ...10:05 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Super well made: Anoushey Ashraf can’t stop praising ...04:35 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Rhea Chakraborty 'an active member of a drug syndicate:' NCB02:26 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020