Zong conducts first 5G trials in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD - Zong has successfully conducted 5G trials in Pakistan. Being a pioneer of mobile internet connectivity in Pakistan, the Chinese mobile company is spearheading the digital innovation with the first successful 5G trial on the nation’s Independence Day.
After this successful 5G trial, Zong is harbingering a new digital revolution in the country and is putting Pakistan on the elite list of countries which have successfully conducted 5G trials, stated a press release issued by the company on Thursday.
Zong’s technological prowess brings the new era of digital future close for its valued customers.
Pioneering 4G in Pakistan, Zong CMPak is the market leader with more than 11,000 4G cell sites and largest 4G subscriber base. Delivering many firsts in the Pakistani telecom industry – the first to launch 4G in Pakistan, first to cross the prolific mark of 11,000+ 4G towers and the first to reach the more 13 million 4G customers mark and first to conduct successful 5G trial- the company is partaking its role in building the digital future of Pakistan.
Zong CMPAK has been at the forefront in technological innovation within the country and has unveiled a glimpse into the future to deliver on its promise of best-in-class services to meet the communication needs of the millions of Pakistanis.
“We are excited to announce that, today, Zong CMPAK has successfully conducted trials on its 5G network and has become the first and only network to do so. We are committed in our resolve to provide our customers with state-of-the-art communication and digital experience. Through our successful 5G trials, we just gave a glimpse of how the future of mobile connectivity will unfold and Pakistan will soon start to experience, “said Wang Hua, Chairman, and CEO, Zong 4G.
He continued, “We just brought future closer and opened an array of infinite possibilities for our valued customers.”
The event was also attended by Shoaib Ahmed Siddiqui, Secretary Information Technology and Telecommunication division on behalf of Dr Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui, Federal Minister for Information Technology and Telecommunication, Maj Gen Amir Azeem Bajwa (r), Chairman, Pakistan Telecommunications Authority and Dr Wang Zhihua, Economic & Commercial Counsellor, Chinese Embassy, along with dignitaries from various government entities, telecom industry and the corporate sector.
- China extends New Year holiday as Coronavirus death toll rises to 8104:59 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan's export of surgical goods, medical instruments increases ...04:35 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- PTM chief Manzoor Pashteen arrested from Peshawar04:24 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran reaches Karachi on day-long visit04:18 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Jalal Sikandar Sultan sworn in as Pakistan's new Chief Election ...04:15 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019