Close relative of Farishta arrested in rape-murder case
ISLAMABAD - The capital police arrested a close relative of Farishta, a 10-year-old girl who was raped before being murdered a couple of days ago.
Police said the relative has been arrested after an already detained suspect shared informed about the case; (DIG) (Operations) Waqaruddin Syed said as many as three suspects have been arrested so far.
The law enforcers have not shared identities of the detained suspects, however, the investigations into the case have been widened.
The rape-murder of Farishta has jolted the capital administration. The victim had gone out of her home last Wednesday but did not return, according to the First Information Report (FIR) lodged by her father, Gul Nabi; it is also alleged that the FIR was not lodged in time by the police which kept delaying it.
As the search was underway both by the law enforcers and the family, the mutilated body of the victim was found dumped in Chak Shahzad, five days after she had gone missing; her body was shifted to the Poly Clinic Hospital for a post-mortem report.
Farishta belonged to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Mohmand Agency district and her rape-murder prompted calls on social media for speedy arrest of culprits.
Rape-murder of 10-year-old Farishta jolts Pakistan 02:25 PM | 21 May, 2019
ISLAMABAD - A 10-year-old girl was murdered after rape in Pakistan's capital city Islamabad, stirring concerns among ...
The victim’s family staged a protest at Taramri Chowk and demanded that the Station House Officer (SHO) and the complete staff of the concerned police station be suspended.
Meanwhile, IGP Islamabad visited the home of the girl on Wednesday and assured serving justice in the case. He detailed that the respective SHO has already been suspended.
The top cop said two teams have been constituted under the supervision of Super Interdependent Police and DIG.
The social media users are demanding the concerned authorities to spring into action and nab the suspects and they have launched Twitter trend #JusticeForFarishta as well.
The rape-murder case is being compared with another case of the same nature, of six-year-old Zainab Amin who hailed from Qasoor city of Punjab; with intervention from Pakistan’s top court, the accused in the case was hanged in October last year.
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- No Pakistani residing in China affected by coronavirus, says top envoy06:39 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan students in China demand government to evacuate them at once05:54 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Woman killed, five injured after being hit by US Embassy vehicle05:45 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019