Saudi Arabia ‘to join CPEC’ for stonger trade ties with Pakistan
ISLAMABAD - The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will soon join the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) and undertake investments at Gwadar Port, according to a Pakistani newspaper which interviewed Saudi Ambassador to Pakistan Nawaf Saeed Ahmed Al-Malkiy.
During an interview with Jang Group publications, the ambassador said Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are taking measures to strengthen "fraternal and trade ties".
“More than three million Pakistanis are playing their role in the progress and prosperity of Saudi Arabia,” Pakistani daily The News quoted Al-Malkiy as referring to Pakistani immigrants working in Saudi Arabia.
The envoy added that Saudi Arabia's investment in CPEC would allow the kingdom to play a similar role in Pakistan.
In August, during a visit to Jeddah, Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi had shown appreciation for Saudi Crown Prince Muhammad bin Salman Al Saud's 'Vision 2030' plan - an ambitious project to diversify and modernise the Saudi economy. PM Abbasi had assured the Prince of continued cooperation and collaboration to the benefit of both Islamic countries.
Referring to the meeting in Jeddah, the ambassador said that new avenues will be explored for enhancing trade volumes between the two countries.
- Four young Kashmiris martyred in fresh act of Indian terrorism02:48 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 56,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,154 confirmed ...01:51 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Airbus team to arrive in Karachi today for investigation of PIA plane ...01:25 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Afghanistan to free up to 2,000 Taliban prisoners after ceasefire11:25 AM | 25 May, 2020
- Indian female school teacher suspended over ‘pro-Pakistan lines’ ...10:46 AM | 25 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Alizeh Shah, Nida & Yasir Nawaz allegedly test positive for ...02:38 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020