PM Nawaz will have to go as he has no moral authority to remain in power: Imran
Addressing a rally in regards to the party’s 20th foundation day celebrations at F-9 Park in here on Sunday, Khan said that PM Nawaz will have to leave the office as he had involved in money laundering, tax evasion and corruption.
“Why he (Nawaz) remained silent over Panama leaks scandals, he should clear his position in the National Assembly but he started levelling allegation against Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital through his minister,” PTI chief said.
Nawaz had addressed the nation twice, but never talked about his assets or business, Khan added. He also urged the PM to conduct an inquiry regarding embezzlement of funds in SKMCH.
Nawaz said the country was heading towards downfall instead of improving, adding that democracy in the country was heading backwards instead of moving forward.
Khan said that the Pakistani people were very hard worker and honest but had been subjected to corrupt rulers. "The country is running on loans as the leaders are corrupt", he said, adding that the PM did not declared his assets before the Election Commission.
Khan demanded that the Terms of References (ToRs) of the Panama leaks investigation be decided after consulting the opposition parties. "Pakistani nation will hit the roads if justice is not done", Khan said. He added that he shall come to Lahore next Sunday and announce new strategy to cater the Panama issue.
He also announced to initiate anti-corruption campaign in Sindh from April 26 onwards.
- At least 3 players, 5 staff members contract Covid ahead of PSL 202209:52 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan reports 6,540 new Covid infections, 12 deaths as uptick ...09:27 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:08 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 22 January 202208:42 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Inside the dreamy reception of TikTok stars Kanwal Aftab and ...04:25 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities condemn tragic Lahore blast04:49 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Why did Princess Diana express interest in interfaith marriage and ...07:13 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021