Nawaz Sharif not suffering from any acute medical issue, says medical board
ISLAMABAD - A five-member medical board that conducted medical checkup of incarcerated former prime minister Nawaz Sharif on Monday concluded that the patient was not suffering from any acute problem.
The board constituted by Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (Pims) consisted of Pims Joint Executive Director Dr. Ejaz Qadeer, Head of Cardiology Department Dr. Muhammad Naeem Malik, Head of Nephrology Department Dr. Sohail Tanveer, Head of Gastroenterology Dr. Mashood Ali, and Professor of General Medicine D. Shajee Ahmed Siddiqi.
The team of doctors visited the Adiala Jail on the request of the jail authorities to examine the former premier, who is serving his term along with his daughter Maryam Nawaz and son-in-law Captain (retd) Safdar following conviction in the Avenfield case.
The jail authorities wanted to take the second opinion after two cardiologists of the Rawalpindi Institute of Cardiology recommended that Nawaz should be shifted to hospital after finding him dehydrated.
They warned that the patient could suffer acute renal failure due to dehydration and poor sleep amid humid weather.
However, the Pims medical board has concluded that blood tests and urine test were normal except his urea level. The second round of examination is likely to be conducted today.
The advised the former premier to continue previous medication until the fresh medical examination is completed.
- Punjab Govt decides to waive off taxes amounting to Rs 18 billion10:17 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Another special plane carrying second lot of medical supplies from ...09:03 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 12 deaths; Coronavirus cases jump to 1,50011:59 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- COVID-19: Punjab announces Rs10 billion relief package for ...11:49 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Coronavirus: Chinese city of Wuhan partially reopens after 2 months ...11:34 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019