We were prepared for war after Uri attack, Air Chief gives warning to India
Speaking at the 9th International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS) a day after three Pakistan Army men were killed exchanging fire with Indian troops across the Line of Control, the chief of air staff said, "We are not worried about India at all, it is better if they show some restraint."
Aman stressed India to resolve the Kashmir issue, saying, "They should speak on matters of principle and our ties will improve."
He said that operation Zarb-e-Azb was a reality and no one should remain in confusion regarding that. He stressed the need for making the aviation industry of the country, self-sufficient .
Pakistan and India on Wednesday exchanged threats as tensions between the two neighbours escalated in the aftermath of deadly clashes on the Line of Control (LoC) that left 13 people dead on the Pakistani side, including three troops, due to Indian shelling.
Indian troops on Wednesday shelled civilian populations almost all along the Line of Control in Azad Jammu and Kashmir after a daylong lull and hit a passenger bus, leaving 10 civilians dead and 21 others injured.
Three army personnel also lost their lives in an exchange of fire across the LoC , officials said.
The major incident took place in the Neelum valley, where shelling started at 3am, but intensified after sunrise, according to Jamil Ahmed Mir, Superintendent of Police in Neelum.
The relation between nuclear-armed neighbours escalated after a check post in Uri India was attacked leaving 18 soldiers dead for which India blamed Pakistan however, Pakistan gainsaid the allegations.
- Huawei allowed to play limited role in building UK's 5G network10:27 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan ex-skipper Sarfraz Ahmed blessed with baby girl09:04 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019