Federation responsible to protect province; not ‘attack on Sindh’
Replying to Sindh government’s letter, the federal government stated that provincial government have no authority to go against federation’s order.
The federation has stated that Article 148 holds federal government responsible to protect province from internal and external threats. Article 149 states that a province could use its executive authority if it does not hinder federation’s authority.
On Thursday, the Sindh government wrote a letter to the federal government, objecting the extension in special policing powers given to Rangers in the province.
The provincial government demanded to withdraw Sindh Rangers’ power.
It is authority of the provincial government to use the powers under Article 147 according to its own choice, said the letter, adding that the Sindh government had given conditional powers to Rangers in accordance to the Constitution.
Sindh government had termed federation’s move an ‘attack on Sindh’.
The Sindh government had given conditional powers to Rangers in accordance to the Constitution.
- PTI leader Haleem Adil Sheikh detained from hotel in Lahore09:24 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:56 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 06 July 202208:43 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Mahira Khan, Fahad Mustafa dance their hearts out as they promote ...12:21 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Most-followed TikToker is a practicing Muslim and ‘Hafiz-e-Quran’09:40 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt’s new video with Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa wins ...07:10 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022