Federation responsible to protect province; not ‘attack on Sindh’
Replying to Sindh government’s letter, the federal government stated that provincial government have no authority to go against federation’s order.
The federation has stated that Article 148 holds federal government responsible to protect province from internal and external threats. Article 149 states that a province could use its executive authority if it does not hinder federation’s authority.
On Thursday, the Sindh government wrote a letter to the federal government, objecting the extension in special policing powers given to Rangers in the province.
The provincial government demanded to withdraw Sindh Rangers’ power.
It is authority of the provincial government to use the powers under Article 147 according to its own choice, said the letter, adding that the Sindh government had given conditional powers to Rangers in accordance to the Constitution.
Sindh government had termed federation’s move an ‘attack on Sindh’.
The Sindh government had given conditional powers to Rangers in accordance to the Constitution.
- Kite-flyer downs police drone monitoring Basant ban in Rawalpindi ...08:56 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Ramiz Raja’s YouTube channel compromised for unknown reasons08:01 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- ECP unveils code of conduct for upcoming Senate polls07:37 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- PSL 2021, Match 8, Quetta vs Peshawar - Live Score and Live Updates07:09 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Lady Gaga offers $500,000 for her stolen French dogs04:29 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Atif Aslam releases teaser for his upcoming song Raat02:55 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Hareem Shah's new video for Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari takes social media ...03:22 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021