US denies launching drone attack on Pakistani territory
ISLAMABAD - The United States on Thursday refused Pakistan 's allegation of striking an Afghan refugee camp near Kurram Agency in a drone attack as "false".
In a statement released by a US Embassy spokesperson, “The claim in an MFA statement yesterday that US forces struck an Afghan refugee camp in Kurram Agency yesterday is false.”
In response to the US denial, Foreign Office (FO) Spokesperson Dr Muhammad Faisal today reiterated Pakistan 's stance US drone strike hit the refugee camp.
Pakistan condemns US drone strike in Kurram region 07:27 PM | 24 Jan, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan on Wednesday condemned what it said was a US military drone strike inside its territory. The ...
On Wednesday, Pakistan condemned what it said was a US military drone strike inside its territory. The unmanned aircraft’s missiles “targeted an Afghan refugee” camp in northwestern Kurram region, an international news agency reported, citing a statement from the Pakistani foreign office.
Foreign Office Spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal, in a statement, said such unilateral actions are detrimental to the spirit of cooperation between the two countries in the fight against terrorism.
“Such unilateral actions, as that of today, are detrimental to the spirit of cooperation between the two countries in the fight against terrorism,” the statement said.
He said Pakistan has continued to emphasize to the United States the importance of sharing actionable intelligence so that appropriate action is taken against terrorists by our forces within our territory.
- Pakistan ex-skipper Sarfraz Ahmed blessed with baby girl09:04 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019