US denies launching drone attack on Pakistani territory
In a statement released by a US Embassy spokesperson, “The claim in an MFA statement yesterday that US forces struck an Afghan refugee camp in Kurram Agency yesterday is false.”
In response to the US denial, Foreign Office (FO) Spokesperson Dr Muhammad Faisal today reiterated Pakistan's stance US drone strike hit the refugee camp.
On Wednesday, Pakistan condemned what it said was a US military drone strike inside its territory. The unmanned aircraft’s missiles “targeted an Afghan refugee” camp in northwestern Kurram region, an international news agency reported, citing a statement from the Pakistani foreign office.
Foreign Office Spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal, in a statement, said such unilateral actions are detrimental to the spirit of cooperation between the two countries in the fight against terrorism.
“Such unilateral actions, as that of today, are detrimental to the spirit of cooperation between the two countries in the fight against terrorism,” the statement said.
He said Pakistan has continued to emphasize to the United States the importance of sharing actionable intelligence so that appropriate action is taken against terrorists by our forces within our territory.
- Northern’s Haider Ali trends on Twitter after blasting batting in ...06:42 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Indian national held for crossing into Pakistan illegally, booked ...05:55 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Vice Admiral Amjad Niazi appointed new Pakistan Navy chief05:33 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- PTI’s Firdous Naqvi resigns as Sindh opposition leader05:22 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Rhea Chakraborty 'an active member of a drug syndicate:' NCB02:26 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Lion King sequel officially in the works01:46 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020