Imran Khan given last chance to submit reply in defamation suit filed by Shahbaz Sharif
The suit was filed after the PTI supremo alleged that he was offered Rs10 billion by a close associate of the chief minister Punjab to keep mum over the Panama papers case against former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
During today's hearing, Imran’s lawyer Babar Awan submitted an advocate letter on behalf of his client, however, perturbed by the continued absence of PTI supremo, the court adjourned the hearing of the case until October 9, giving Imran a last chance to submit a response.
The case was filed in the court of Lahore additional sessions judge Azfar Sultan under section 4 (defamation actionable) and 9 (remedies) of Defamation Ordinance, 2002.
On April 25, during a gathering at Shaukat Khanum Hospital, Lahore, Imran Khan alleged that he was offered a staggering Rs10 billion to retreat on the Panama case, which was under top court's scrutiny at the time.
"Just imagine how much money he offered me to be silent — Rs10 billion! If he can offer me this much money, just imagine how much he could offer others," Khan had claimed.
The cricketer-turned-politician, however, refused to name the individual who had made the offer.
- Pakistan successfully completes trial of Chinese herbal medicine for ...10:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 316-run target for Zimbabwe09:47 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Kazakhstan ambassador meets COAS Bajwa, hails Pakistan’s role in ...09:22 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan, Oman naval chiefs discuss ways to boost defence ties08:47 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Ayesha Omar spotted enjoying vacations in Dubai04:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021