NADRA issued 70,161 CNICs to foreigners, Senate body told
Mubeen, during a briefing to the standing committee of Senate, said these cards were issued to the citizens of different countries including Iraq, Tanzania, Bangladesh and Sudan. As many as 372 NADRA officials have been removed over the issue, he added.
During the last year, at least 200 CNICs were issued to the citizens of Uzbekistan and Tajikistan from Lahore alone, he said.
Senator Talha Mehmood, head of the standing committee, ordered the chairman to thoroughly investigate the matter and take steps to avoid such incidents in future.
Mubeen assured the members of the committee that strict action would be taken against the culprits and new reforms would put an end to such crimes.
Meanwhile, the government has decided not to register more Afghan nationals with the National Database and Registration Authority. The United Nation's refugees agency has also been informed about this decision. In all, 1,70,000 Afghan refugees have been reportedly registered with the NADRA.
Earlier, NADRA had blocked the CNICs issued unlawfully to the Nat Geo famed Afghan girl Sharbat Bibi and her sons.
- Pakistan logs 1,239 new Covid-19 cases, 56 deaths in past 24 hours10:00 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - 13 June 202109:17 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 13 June 202108:36 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Iranian-American arrested for entering Pakistan on fake documents05:13 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 7 inspirational small business ideas by young entrepreneur Faizan ...10:47 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sonali Bendre proudly shares transformation on Cancer Survivors’ Day05:51 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021