PM Nawaz highlights CPEC importance for regional prosperity
The premier emphasised that the multi-billion dollars CPEC project would be beneficial for other countries as well.
'CPEC will offer opportunities for hundreds of millions of people.' Nawaz Sharif said
He added that peace was pivotal for connecting different countries in region adding that Pakistan was gateway for Central Asia.
'Peace and prosperity are connected with each other,' Prime Minister Sharif added.
Addressing the conference, the prime minister stressed the need for an effective communication system for development and prosperity.
'Regional integration and connectivity are one of the key pillars of my government. It enables us to join hands in pursuing our common objective of bolstering peace and development in our region. This is where Pakistan and other countries of the region have the biggest opportunity to work for the betterment of our people.' he maintained.
The prime minister reaffirmed Pakistan’s commitment in developing the transport sector.
The conference likely to be attended by around 1500 participants including heads of state and government ministers, civil society leaders, and the UN officials.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is also expected to brief UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Indian aggression in occupied Kashmir and the escalation of conflicts between Pakistan and India in the aftermath of Uri attack.
Earlier, PM Nawaz while talking to newsmen said that his party fought electoral tussle not for stepping down. He claimed that his party never sought resignation of anyone in past.
- Pakistan approves $11.6mn to compensate Chinese nationals for Dasu ...01:42 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021