Re-Charge Pakistan: PM Imran approves project to manage flood water
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has given green signal to a project named 'Re-Charge Pakistan' aimed at better management and utilization of flood waters to restore and re-charge the groundwater.
Addressing a briefing meeting on Climate Change in Islamabad on Wednesday, the premier said tackling climate issues is a priority area for the incumbent regime.
The prime minister said 'Pakistan Cleanliness Movement' will be launched next month to undertake a comprehensive cleanliness drive across the country and to raise awareness among the public.
The drive will be started with an active involvement of the provincial governments and all segments of society, said the premier.
Billion Tree Tsunami: A tale of Imran Khan's ... 09:51 PM | 23 Jul, 2018
SPONSORED CONTENT: Prior to Elections 2013, our party launched a comprehensive “Environmental Policy”; something ...
PM Khan also directed the Ministry of Climate Change to play a proactive role in the cleanliness drive, emphasizing upon the need for greater coordination between the Ministry of Climate Change and the provincial governments on nationally defined priorities.
Advisor to Prime Minister on Climate Change, Malik Amin Aslam Khan while briefing the Prime Minister said that besides implementation of 10 billion Tree Tsunami project, promotion of renewable energy is also being focused as part of mitigation strategy to tackle climate issues.
The Advisor said 50 early warning systems and 408 river discharge gauges are planned to be installed under Glacial Lake Outburst Flood project in Gilgit-Baltistan and five districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa as part of the adaptation strategy.
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020