Official results: Party-wise breakdown of NA and provincial seats
According to official results, the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf is on the top with 110 seats in National Assembly, making it enable to form the new government in the country for the first time.
The Imran Khan-led party also managed to bag victory in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) with 66 seats and will continue to rule the province for next five years.
It also dented Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz politics in Punjab where the PTI has won 122 seats. It can also form the government in the province as the efforts are underway to woo the independent candidates and others, giving a major blow to the N-league.
The PTI has won 20 and 4 seats in Sindh and Balochistan respectively, the official data shows.
PML-N has bagged 63 NA seats, 127 in Punjab, 0 in Sindh, five in KP and it could win just a single seat in Balochistan.
The Pakistan Peoples Party has managed to win 42 NA seats, while it is leading in Sindh province with 71 seats. It has bagged 6 seats in Punjab and none in Balochistan.
The electoral commission is yet to announce official results of 19 seats in NA, 6 in Punjab, 11 in Sindh, 2 in KP and 5 in Balochistan.
Iman Khan is all set to take over the reins of the country for a period of next five years, the election results vividly predict.
As Pakistan concluded its 11th General Elections on Wednesday, with a single massive incident of violence, the vote counting is portraying PTI in a favorable light with Imran Khan visibly assuming the prime ministership of the country in just a few days.
Khan’s party, founded some 22 years ago, has managed to bag 118 seats of the National Assembly according to unofficial results in the fraught elections that pitched him against the all-powerful Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz and Pakistan Peoples Party.
The current tally would be topped up with reserved seats, as well as the independent candidates joining the party, paving way for the ambitious cricketer-turned-politician to step into the PM House from his palatial Banigala residence.
On Thursday, Imran Khan, the chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, made a what is called a comprehensive and impressive victory speech, highlighting the key issues and his mission to resolve them.
- Two terrorists killed in Balochistan operation: ISPR11:22 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan sharply rejects India’s ‘irresponsible remarks’ about ...10:35 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Faisalabad locals find unexploded bomb might have been dropped during ...10:24 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pakistan PM Imran seeks more debt relief from G-20 ...09:07 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston reveals that she almost quit Hollywood04:48 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- The Boys – A massive Amazon hit all set to have a spin-off04:19 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Ahad Raza Mir turns 27, receives heartwarming birthday wishes from ...03:57 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020