Submission of nomination papers for by-elections begins
ISLAMABAD - The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) would start receiving the nomination papers from candidates willing to contest elections on the vacant National Assembly (NA) and provincial assembly seats, from today.
By-elections will be held countrywide on October 14, according to the schedule announced by the electoral body and the nomination papers can be submitted from August 28 to 30.
An initial list of the candidates will be published on August 31 followed by the review of the nomination papers until September 4.
Another list of candidates will be published on September 14 following the review and candidates will be able to withdraw their nominations till September 15.
ECP had announced that the final list of the candidates will be released on September 16, complete with their respective electoral symbols.
By-elections are set to take place on 11 NA and 26 provincial assembly seats lying vacant.
Among the seats where by-elections are to take place are NA-35, NA-53, NA-60, NA-63, NA-65, NA-69, NA-103, NA-124, NA-131 and NA-243; four of them were vacated by the Prime Minister Imran Khan.
Provincial assemblies where by-elections will take place include Punjab Assembly seats PP-3, PP-27, PP-87, PP-103, PP-118, PP-164, PP-165, PP-201, PP-222, PP-261, PP-272, PP-292 and PP-296.
While Sindh assembly seats PS-30 and PS-87 will also be filled through by-elections.
In Balochistan by-elections will be held on PB-35 and PB-40 while in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa by-elections will be held on PK-3, PK-7, PK-44, PK-53, PK-61, PK-64, PK-78, PK-97 and PK-99.
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020