Submission of nomination papers for by-elections begins
ISLAMABAD - The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) would start receiving the nomination papers from candidates willing to contest elections on the vacant National Assembly (NA) and provincial assembly seats, from today.
By-elections will be held countrywide on October 14, according to the schedule announced by the electoral body and the nomination papers can be submitted from August 28 to 30.
An initial list of the candidates will be published on August 31 followed by the review of the nomination papers until September 4.
Another list of candidates will be published on September 14 following the review and candidates will be able to withdraw their nominations till September 15.
ECP had announced that the final list of the candidates will be released on September 16, complete with their respective electoral symbols.
By-elections are set to take place on 11 NA and 26 provincial assembly seats lying vacant.
Among the seats where by-elections are to take place are NA-35, NA-53, NA-60, NA-63, NA-65, NA-69, NA-103, NA-124, NA-131 and NA-243; four of them were vacated by the Prime Minister Imran Khan.
Provincial assemblies where by-elections will take place include Punjab Assembly seats PP-3, PP-27, PP-87, PP-103, PP-118, PP-164, PP-165, PP-201, PP-222, PP-261, PP-272, PP-292 and PP-296.
While Sindh assembly seats PS-30 and PS-87 will also be filled through by-elections.
In Balochistan by-elections will be held on PB-35 and PB-40 while in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa by-elections will be held on PK-3, PK-7, PK-44, PK-53, PK-61, PK-64, PK-78, PK-97 and PK-99.
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019