Shehbaz Sharif to return to Pakistan on June 11, lawyer informs court
During the hearing of two case on Tuesday, initially spokesperson of the Sharif family, Atta Tarrar, told the court about the 'final date' of Sharif's return, however, the date was later confirmed by the counsel himself.
Meanwhile, the National Accountability Bureau requested the court to reject Sharif's plea seeking exemption from appearing during hearings of cases related to Ashiyana Housing Scheme and Ramzan Sugar Mills.
The accountability watchdog informed the judge that all the medical tests of the opposition leader as well as treatment can be conducted in Pakistan.
The anti-graft body alleged that medical treatment was being used as a pretext for exemption from the hearings contending that Sharif went abroad without obtaining approval from the court and that he should have sought permission from the court before departing.
The bureau requested the court to reject the plea and issue arrest warrants against Shahbaz Sharif. The accountability court, however, rejected NAB's plea and granted an exemption to Sharif till the next hearing on June 11.
Shehbaz Sharif had gone to London to look after her ailing granddaughter and was scheduled to return in the second week of May. Earlier, the legislator had confirmed that he would be back in the country before the budget session which is scheduled to be in the second week of June.
- Historic as 4-year-old Pakistani girl becomes youngest Microsoft ...06:26 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- IHC rejects plea seeking cancellation of O/A level exams06:08 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Zimbabwe beat Pakistan by 19 runs in second T20I05:19 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II shares a thankful note on 95th birthday03:38 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Actress Sumbul Shahid in critical condition after contracting Covid-1910:01 AM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021