Nandipur Power Project functional again, producing 445 MW electricity: Khawaja Asif
In a statement the minister said that coal and furnace oil was being used to produce electricity in the power project. He added that Water and Power Ministry is taking required steps to keep the project in stable working condition.
Nandipur Power Project came in limelight when the 425 MW project suddenly stopped working merely weeks after inauguration in July this year. The controversy resulted in sacking former project director, who was earlier conferred Sitra-e-Imtiaz for the project, and audit of the project from international organisations.
During the tenure of the previous governments, the project was delayed for about four years resulting surge in it cost from $329 million to $847 million.
Nandipur power plant is second most largest thermal power plant of country after Guddu which has a capacity to produce 747 MW electricity.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa to hear contempt case against Fawad Chaudhry on ...10:36 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket squad leaves for Zimbabwe after successful South ...10:05 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Babar Azam’s ‘late glance’ shot is new sensation on social ...08:09 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021