Salman Shehbaz declared proclaimed offender in money laundering case
LAHORE - An accountability court on Monday declared Salman Shehbaz, son of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz President Shehbaz Sharif, proclaimed absconder in a money laundering case.
Accountability court judge Ameer Mohammad Khan also issued non-bailable arrest warrants against him as the suspect failed to appear before the National Accountability Bureau despite six call-up notices.
The anti-graft body informed the court that properties belong to Salman have already been confiscated as per the court's earlier order.
Advocate Hafiz Asadullah Awan on behalf of NAB informed the court that NAB chief had already issued arrest warrants against the member of the Sharif family, adding that the suspect had escaped from Pakistan.
He also said Salman Shehbaz was also reluctant to face the inquiry related to Chaudhry Sugar Mills.
Last month, the prosecutor had informed the court that the suspect was not cooperating with the NAB in the cases registered against him.
The prosecutor stated the suspect had fled and requested the court to issue an order regarding the seizure of his property.
- EU to challenge China-US trade agreement at WTO12:02 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Kashmir issue is not an internal affair of India, says FM Quresh11:24 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan condemns Indian CDS remarks about Kashmiri children09:17 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi, Pompeo discuss bilateral cooperation, regional security ...08:47 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019