Salman Shehbaz declared proclaimed offender in money laundering case
LAHORE - An accountability court on Monday declared Salman Shehbaz, son of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz President Shehbaz Sharif, proclaimed absconder in a money laundering case.
Accountability court judge Ameer Mohammad Khan also issued non-bailable arrest warrants against him as the suspect failed to appear before the National Accountability Bureau despite six call-up notices.
The anti-graft body informed the court that properties belong to Salman have already been confiscated as per the court's earlier order.
Advocate Hafiz Asadullah Awan on behalf of NAB informed the court that NAB chief had already issued arrest warrants against the member of the Sharif family, adding that the suspect had escaped from Pakistan.
He also said Salman Shehbaz was also reluctant to face the inquiry related to Chaudhry Sugar Mills.
Last month, the prosecutor had informed the court that the suspect was not cooperating with the NAB in the cases registered against him.
The prosecutor stated the suspect had fled and requested the court to issue an order regarding the seizure of his property.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Indian police shoot dead 4 suspects in rape-murder case01:55 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019