US special envoy Zalmay Khalilzad due in Pakistan to discuss Afghan peace
ISLAMABAD – The US Special Representative for Afghanistan Reconciliation Ambassador, Zalmay Khalilzad on Sunday departed to visit Doha, Islamabad, and Tashkent.
According to a press release of the US Department of State, during his visit, Ambassador Khalilzad will urge all Afghans to meet their remaining commitments ahead of intra-Afghan negotiations.
Ambassador Khalilzad is joined by US International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) CEO Adam Boehler and his team.
Afghan peace, economic growth, and regional connectivity are closely linked and mutually supportive.
"The delegation will explore investment opportunities and partnerships in a range of sectors to advance the economic recovery of Afghanistan and support sustained peace and stability in the region," It added.
Due to the challenges of travel during the COVID-19 pandemic, Ambassador Khalilzad, CEO Boehler, and their delegation will also conduct meetings with Afghan officials via video link.
- Pakistan minister tells reason behind reduction in coronavirus cases07:19 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Gold prices hit new high of Rs109,35007:07 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- K-Electric to face NAB inquiry over loadshedding, flouting agreement06:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Army chief offers help to Italy in fight against COVID-1906:32 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- YouTube takes down Hadiqa Kiani’s song about Kashmir02:43 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali experimenting with her cooking skills01:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Yasir Hussain is being subjected to online harassment & bullying: ...01:03 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020