PM Imran to attend 14th OIC Summit in Makkah on May 31
Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi prior to his departure for Jeddah to participate in the OIC Council of Foreign Ministers’ meeting, preceding the summit-level meeting, said that “the OIC session is very important to discuss the Middle East conflict and also the proposed Peace Plan to diffuse the situation”.
Prime Minister Imran Khan will represent Pakistan at the OIC Summit titled ‘Makkah Summit: Together for the Future”, hosted by Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, which aims at developing a unified stance of Muslim leaders on rising tension in the Gulf.
Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi is in Saudi Arabia to attend the meeting of Foreign Ministers' Council of OIC.
The foreign minister will represent Pakistan in the meeting of Foreign Ministers' Council of OIC to be held in Makkah today.
The meeting will finally approve Makkah Declaration, the draft of the OIC summit, after mutual consultation.
At the OIC Council of Foreign Ministers’ meeting, Shah Mehmood Qureshi said he would present the country’s stance on the regional situation, particularly the ongoing tension relating to Iran and the Middle East.
On the sidelines, Foreign Minister would hold meetings with his counterparts and the OIC Secretary General.
A meeting of OIC Kashmir Contact Group is also expected to be held, where members would present their points of view.
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran woos back Chaudhry brothers during Lahore visit11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan 'should shake hands' with Israel, Mubashir Lucman tells ...11:31 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Marriyum Aurangzeb ditches crazy fan wanting a selfie (VIDEO)10:25 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020