US special envoy calls on PM Imran to discuss Afghan peace, reconciliation process
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has reiterated Pakistan’s steadfast and sincere support to Afghan peace and reconciliation process.
He was talking to US Special Representative to Afghanistan Zalmay Khalilzad who called on him in Islamabad.
PM Khan also underlined the need to overcome difficulties in this regard so that an enduring political solution to Afghan conflict could be achieved at the earliest.
He stressed that it was important for all sides to take practical steps for checking violence in Afghanistan.
"It is equally important to guard against the negative narratives and efforts by any quarter to undermine the progress made so far through painstaking efforts," Khan told Khalilzad.
The PM further said Pakistan will continue to play its role as a sincere and honest friend for establishing peace in Afghanistan.
Achieving sustainable peace and security in Afghanistan and the region is in Pakistan’s best national interest, he added.
- Newly built hospital to help Pakistan fight against COVID-19 ...04:16 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan’s earns US $ 1176 mln from IT services’ export04:03 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Chairman Senate Sadiq Sanjrani announces to contest election for IPU ...01:22 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020