2 killed as India unleashes fresh wave of violence along LoC
BHIMBHER - Two Pakistani civilians lost their lives while another 19 were left wounded as Indian troops unleashed wave of violence from across the restive Line of Control (LoC) on Tuesday.
The fresh assault was dubbed “carpet bombing” by officials concerned as several civilian-populated areas of Azad Jammu and Kashmir were targeted by India; the injured include six women and a police constable.
The deceased were identified as 25-year-old Nauman and 17-year-old Bisma who lost their lives in Sharda and Katha Chogalli villages, in the upper and lower belts of Neelum valley, respectively, as per Akhtar Ayub, a disaster management officer based in district headquarters Athmuqam.
Today's shelling first began in Leepa Valley, located some 100 kilometers southeast of Jhelum valley district, at about 12 noon, with Indian troops targeting Batlian and Bijildhaar villages.
Waleed Anwar, the assistant commissioner of the area, said Indian troops expanded the range to the entire valley, targeting the civilian population with mortar guns and rocket launchers.
"In fact it was carpet bombing of the civilian populated areas," he said and shared that Pakistani troops had responded befittingly.
A statement issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said a man was killed and nine others, including women and children, were injured due to "unprovoked firing of mortars and artillery guns" by Indian forces along the Line of Control.
The Indian troops "deliberately targeted civilian population in Danna, Dhddnial (sic), Jura, Lipa, Sharda and Shahkot sectors," read the statement.
"[There are] reports of three Indian soldiers dead, many injured, besides damage to Indian posts," the statement by the military's media wing added.
Moreover, Syed Wajahat Kazmi, Station House Officer (SHO) of Punjgran, termed it the heaviest shelling in the area in almost a decade, Dawn News reported.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020