JI Karachi chief released, Shahra-e-Faisal cleared for traffic after protest
Earlier today, Jamaat-e-Islami workers and police came face to face hours after detention of Jamaat-e-Islami Karachi head Hafiz Naeem Ur Rehman along with scores of other party workers.
Soon after the detention of key leaders of metropolis, enraged JI workers blocked Karachi’s crucial thoroughfares including Shahrae-Faisal and M.A Jinnah road.
According to media reports, police resorted to aerial firing and fired tear gas shells in a bid to budge JI workers for continuous flow of traffic.
The tussle between JI and police started when JI workers were getting ready for staging a protest against Karachi Electric corporation regarding the recent hike in the tariff of the K-Electric corporation (KE).
Initially, JI had to protest at Shahrae-Faisal however, police staved off their plan and detained Hafiz Naeem, Usama Raazi and other party workers from Jamat-e-Islami’s Idara Noor-e-Haq.
- Pakistan registers 3,785 new Covid-19 cases, 118 deaths in 24 hours09:12 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 09 May 202108:59 AM | 9 May, 2021
- A successful story of young Emirati chef - Ahmed Darweesh01:16 AM | 9 May, 2021
- PM Imran and Pakistani delegation pay respects at Masjid-e-Nabwi12:00 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi recalls how she broke 12 bones in an accident (VIDEO)05:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Here's what Hina Altaf said about Aagha Ali before marriage (VIDEO)05:41 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021