Petrol price reaches record Rs112.68 in Pakistan
These are the country’s highest ever petroleum prices with international crude market at $67 per barrel — almost half of the 2008 highest record of $147 when retail prices stood below Rs80 per litre.
The price hike comes a day after the Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (Ogra) moved a summary to the government containing calculations on petroleum prices on the basis of existing rates of general sales tax and petroleum levy.
On the other hand, crude price has dropped by 7 per cent in the Arabian Gulf over the last month from $72 on April 28 to $67 per barrel on May 29 but the currency devaluation caused the major negative impact.
- Nadal downs Djokovic to clinch record-extending 10th Italian Open ...11:50 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Pakistanis above 30 asked to get vaccinated as soon as possible11:29 PM | 16 May, 2021
- India reports 4,077 new Covid deaths as UP police try to keep sacred ...10:47 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Bollywood's Hina Khan wears Pakistani designer on Eid-ul-Fitr02:38 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021