Ch Nisar concludes 'most challenging period' of political career, writes farewell letter to secretary interior
In a letter to his secretary -that seems to be a farewell letter- Nisar lauded his staff for their diligence, commitment and hard work. He also thanked the former secretaries, who in their tenures with him tried to bring about a qualitative change in the working environment of the ministry.
"The present tenure was the most challenging period during my entire political career in terms of huge and multifaceted challenges that we, as a country were faced with," his letter said.
“From the issues connected to our national security, the fight against militants to ensuring internal security and maintenance of law and order, from various administrative measures and internal reforms within our organisation to formulating new policies aimed at restoring sanctity of our laws and introducing transparency and rule of law, we had multi-dimensional tasks before us,” he wrote.
He acknowledged that whatever was achieved during the time period was due to the entire team of the ministry and attached departments.
He also admitted that occasionally he expected more from the ministry and its attached departments than the institutional capacities but reminded that the people looked towards the politicians and bureaucrats for redressal of their issues.
"We cannot afford to be oblivious of their (masses) issues and problems," it read.
He expressed hope that the momentum generated during his tenure would be carried forward and each day would witness further improvement in the ability of the ministry and its attached departments towards service delivery.
Imran Khan, Nisar 'coincidentally' meet at ... 11:16 PM | 31 Jul, 2017
ISLAMABAD - Former Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar and Chairman Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) Imran Khan held a ...
It bears mentioning that Ch. Nisar, a close confidante of former premier Nawaz Sharif announced that he would be resigning from the post a day before the Panama verdict. However, minutes later, his ministry issued a clarification that the minister would not step down following the Panama verdict.
The former interior minister is considered close to military corridors and chief minister Punjab Shehbaz Sharif and according to political observers, Nisar would assume the charge again as soon as Shehebaz Sharif gets himself elected to the PM office after securing victory in NA-120 elections.
Another interesting fact about Ch Nisar is that he was the classmate of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chairman Imran Khan, who 'accidentally' met him last night at an eatery in the capital.
- PM , President, other leaders condole Farooq Qaiser's death10:51 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Pakistan records decline in Covid-19 with 1,531 new cases in a day09:57 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-15-Updated 10:00 ...09:36 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 15 May 202109:06 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Pakistan marks Palestine Day as Israeli forces escalate fight with ...01:57 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Salman Khan's Radhe creates Bollywood history08:26 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Eid Mubarak – Katrina Kaif, Kangana Ranaut, Disha Patani & more ...04:30 PM | 14 May, 2021
- In Pictures: A look at how Pakistani stars are celebrating Eid-ul-Fitr11:12 AM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021