PTI's Shireen Mazari addresses all-women presser to counter Gulalai's allegations on Imran Khan
Tuesday's press conference, which was marred by mismanagement leading to the media men's walkout, comes hours after PTI's former member, Gulalai, announced her decision to quit the party.
She also alleged "Khan and the mafia [in PTI] is committing corruption and promoting sexism in the party".
However, Dr Mazari came hard on the "opportunist" MNA who quit after she was denied a party ticket for NA-1 constituency.
Addressing the media, Mazari said Gulalai had wanted a seat for NA-1 and is now hurling accusations even though the decision about handing out tickets has not been finalised.
Mazari said during the press conference that Gulalai could have left the party if she had wanted to but should not have hurled false accusations against Imran Khan.
“Imran Khan gave respect to us…Gulalai doesn’t realise how much respect she was given,” she said.
Mazari then criticised political rivals, asking if Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz leader Khawaja Asif had forgotten “that he said things about me [as well]".
Another female politician, Naz Baloch, said goodbye to the Khan's party earlier this month to join PPP, claiming that only male members were given importance and women party workers were kept at a distance while the youth was restricted only to social media.
This is a developing story. More updates to follow...
- Mia Khalifa blames US for Jerusalem violence02:01 PM | 12 May, 2021
- #WestandwithGaza, PM Imran reiterates support to Palestinians amid ...01:18 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Mariyam Nafees shares pictures from her Dua-e-Khair11:51 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat shares an adorable throwback picture09:01 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021