'Pakistani people share the grief of Turkish people,' PM Nawaz condemns Istanbul nightclub attack
On behalf of the people and government of Pakistan, the Prime Minister extended his heartfelt condolences to the Government and people of Turkey on the loss of precious human lives in the attack.
"Pakistani people share the grief of Turkish people and stand by them, in this most painful time," said a statement from the premier's office. Terrorism is our common enemy and the world needs to put up a joint fight against this menace. Pakistan itself has suffered great losses of lives and property by terrorism and would continue to ensure all measures for its eradication.
"Terrorism is our common enemy and the world needs to put up a joint fight against this menace. Pakistan itself has suffered great losses of lives and property by terrorism and would continue to ensure all measures for its eradication," the statement added.
It is relevant to mention that as many as 39 people were killed last night in Istanbul when an assailant opened gun fire inside a nightclub.
According to reports, the assailant reportedly dressed as Santa Claus gunned down a police officer and a civilian as he entered the Reina nightclub before opening fire randomly inside.
The club is situated on the shore of the Bosphorus Strait in the Ortakoy district of Turkey’s most populous city.
The attack happened at around 1:15 a.m and according to a rough estimate, around 500-60 people were inside the club at the time of the incident.
Istanbul Governor Vasip Sahin categorically termed the attack an act of terrorism.
- Democratic freedom – India stripped of ‘free’ title and ...03:31 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- China announces 'over 6%' economic growth target, tech plans02:44 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Biden picks another Pakistani-American for key role02:30 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021