Pulwama attack allegations shelved against Masood Azhar in UNSC terror listing
Azhar has been declared a global terrorist for multiple allegations except the ones vehemently propagated by India in the aftermath of Pulwama attack in which over 40 Indian soldiers were left dead in February this year.
According to the resolution tabled by the UK, US, France and co-sponsored by India, the listing of JeM chief refers to him being associated with Al-Qaida for “participating in the financing, planning, facilitating, preparing, or perpetrating of acts or activities by, in conjunction with, under the name of, on behalf of, or in support of”, “supplying, selling or transferring arms and related material to”, “recruiting for”, “otherwise supporting acts or activities of”, and “other acts or activities indicating association with”: Jaish-i-Mohammed.
On the UN's official website, a mention of 155 hostages has also been made and the subsequent release of Azhar from a prison in India, however, much to the dismay of New Delhi, no reference to the Pulwama attack or the Kashmir has been made against Azhar.
JeM chief Masood Azhar declared global terrorist ... 06:39 PM | 1 May, 2019
UNITED NATIONS - The chief of Jaish-e-Muhammad, Masood Azhar was declared global terrorist by the United Nations ...
In a major disappointment to India, an earlier resolution with the mention of Pulwama attack was blocked by China in March, however, the fresh one apparently absolves him of such charges deemed to be backtracking by India which has been accusing Pakistan of terrorism without any evidence.
UNSC listing refers to Azhar's terror role in 1990s,IC-814 hijacking, links to Al Qaeda,Osama & Taliban, and call to recruit Jihadis for Afghanistan,but no reference to Pulwama or Kashmir in the listing. US, UK, France original proposal had Pulwama,so it has clearly been dropped.— Suhasini Haidar (@suhasinih) May 1, 2019
The listing does not come as a surprise as Pakistan’s Prime Minister Imran Khan discussed the issue with the Chinese leadership during a recent four-day tour, contrary to the fact that New Delhi is trying to portray the development as a diplomatic set back for Islamabad.
The recent statements from Pakistan’s Army Chief, General Qamar Javed Bajwa and premier Imran Khan implied that the country was improving its anti-terror policies, clamping down on all types of extremist organizations.
- Sindh earmarks Rs22.8 billion for college education08:22 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan cuts steel for fourth MILGEM-Class corvette ship (VIDEO)07:37 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- realme conducts first-ever Global Launch Event to unveil realme GT & ...07:15 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan win silver at Asian Taekwondo Poomsae Championship06:57 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021