ATM robber whose video went viral dies in police custody
According to police, Salahuddin Ayubi, a resident of Tehsil Kamonkay, some 63km away from Lahore was arrested on Friday.
During detention, he was behaving like an “abnormal person" and he suddenly became unwell. When he was shifted to the emergency ward of Sheikh Zayed Medical College Hospital where doctors confirmed his death, Zeeshan Randhawa, a spokesperson for district police officer told media.
He was dead when he was brought to the hospital, Randhawa added.
The spokesperson said that the reason for Ayubi's death would be ascertained after a post-mortem report is issued.
DPO Umar Farooq Salamat had also constituted an inquiry team, headed by Superintendent of Police Investigation, to look into the matter.
In a video that went viral on social media a few days ago, Ayubi was seen stealing an ATM card after breaking open a machine in Faisalabad and sticking his tongue out in jest at both the camera in the corner of the booth and the one installed in the machine itself.
According to Dawn, on Friday, he once again entered an ATM booth in Rahim Yar Khan and was in the process of breaking the machine's exterior when he was caught red-handed by other customers. The incident occurred on Shahi road at Habib Bank Limited.
- ‘Ghabrana Nahi Hai’ – Kashif Zameer reassures Pakistanis of ...11:49 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan’s NSA rejects claims of back-channel diplomacy with India ...11:17 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Birthday of Islamic caliph Ali Ibn Abi Talib tomorrow10:00 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan to remain on FATF's grey list till June 202109:44 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Ali Xeeshan and wife Myra welcome first baby06:36 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Yasir Hussain opens up about his remarks on Nausheen Shah08:24 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021