Zardari's close aide Owais Muzaffar Tappi arrested in Dubai
KARACHI – Owais Muzaffar alias Tappi, the adopted son of Hakim Ali Zardari and the foster-brother of Pakistan 's former President Asif Ali Zardari, has been taken into custody by Interpol in Dubai , according to media reports.
Tappi's biological father worked for Hakim Ali Zardari as manager of Bambino Cinema in Karachi.
The former Sindh Assembly lawmaker is accused of illegal land allotment and money laundering. He will soon be transferred to Pakistan .
An executive board of the country's anti-corruption watchdog, National Accountability Bureau, in August 2018 had granted approval for the launch of investigations in four different cases against Tappi, who was the Sindh local bodies’ minister during PPP’s tenure.
In December, the then chief justice Mian Saqib Nisar had summoned Tappi, who was accused of illegal occupation of several plots in Shah Latif Town by its residents.
Asif Ali Zardari, his sister Faryal Talpur, Omni Group’s Anwar Majeed and his son Abdul Ghani Majeed, former Pakistan Stock Exchange chairperson Lawai, Summit Bank Senior Vice-President Taha Raza are among those being investigated by the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) and the anti-graft watchdog separately in the fake bank accounts case.
This is a developing story and will be updated soon
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019