COAS Bajwa visits home of martyred Major Ishaq in Lahore
KHUSHAB - Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa on Saturday visited the family of Major Ishaq, who was martyred in an exchange of fire during a search operation at a terrorist hideout in Kulachi, Dera Ismail Khan on Nov 22.
According to Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR), the Army Chief met the family of Major Ishaq in Lahore and paid tribute to Shaheed and his family for their great sacrifice for the motherland.
General Bajwa, who was also accompanied by Corps Commander Lt Gen Amir Riaz, acknowledged the supreme sacrifice of the martyred officer, added ISPR.
Maj Ishaq has made us all proud," ISPR quoted the army chief.
He further said that terrorists through cowardly acts cannot weaken the resolve of the nation, adding that the terrorists will be defeated at any cost.
The 28-year-old martyr, Major Ishaq, had lost his life during a search operation at a terrorist hideout in Kulachi, Dera Ismail Khan.
The martyred officer has left behind a widow and an infant. Ishaq is the fourth officer to be killed in the line of duty in the past three months.
On November 13, Captain Junaid Hafeez and Sepoy Raham were martyred in a cross-border attack by terrorists from Afghanistan in Bajaur Agency.
Four other troops were injured in the assault on the border post.
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020