Voluntary repatriation of Afghan refugees from KP resumes today
PESHAWAR - The voluntary repatriation of Afghan refugees from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) to Afghanistan will be resumed from today (Monday).
A repatriation center has been opened at Azakhel area of district Nowshehra to register refugees who want to go back to Afghanistan, the Radio Pakistan reported.
He said the UNHCR is providing two hundred dollars to each Afghan refugee in the encashment centers after settlement in Afghanistan.
About 2.4 million Afghan refugees are living in different parts of Pakistan, out of which one million are registered and 1.4 million are unregistered.
- ILT20: 24 UAE players announced for the inaugural edition01:42 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan Women's football team camp begins in Lahore01:20 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Abid Riaz off to Dubai to attend AIBA meeting12:55 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- MP Black, Remington qualify for Corps Commander Polo Cup main final12:31 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Waqar, Nasir Iqbal breeze into Combaxx 1st CNS All Pakistan Squash ...12:11 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Dananeer and Khushhal gear up for a new TV project09:41 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Another Indian actress quits showbiz to embrace Islamic lifestyle11:12 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Ranbir Kapoor hopes to work with Pakistani artists in future11:30 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022