Punjab wants SC to review ban on Houbara hunting
Contrary to the centre, which termed the Houbara hunting a pillar of country's foreign policy, Punjab has challenged the decision saying its a provincial matter to issue hunting permits.
In the petition filed by Additional Advocate General Razzaq Mirza said the apex court barred federal and provincial governments from issuing special permits hunting permits with out knowing the facts and figure regarding the living number of birds of the specific specie.
The top court also did not examine that the issue regarding the permission to allow hunting of the bird constituted an inter-provincial matter and that the formulation and regulation of relevant policies fell within the domain of the Council of Common Interests, it said.
The petitioner prayed to the court to review it's August 19 judgement that barred government from issuing permits for hunting of 'endangered' Houbara Bastard terming it a 'non-saleable' commodity.
Earlier federal government also requested the court to lift ban however the petition was dismissed by the judges.
- US train riders ‘held up phones as woman was raped’, could face ...01:45 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Here’s how Pakistan Navy detected and blocked Indian submarine from ...01:20 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drone flies lungs between two hospitals for transplant patient in ...12:55 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Afghan Taliban start building their own air force12:35 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T-20 World Cup: Scotland beat Papua New Guinea by 17 runs12:13 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021