SJC dismisses PTI's reference against ECP members
The decision was taken in a session chaired by Chief Justice of Pakistan Anwar Zaheer Jamali.
The reference was filed by Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) lawyers wing on August 26, seeking dismissal of ECP members in the light of report of Judicial Commission that probed allegation of rigging earlier this year.
The petitioner, Gohar Nawaz, alleged that the ECP members didn’t perform their due duties honestly during General Election 2013.
He argued that the nominated members are responsible for election irregularities and therefore they should be unseated as per article 209 of constitution.
- T-20 World Cup: Scotland beat Papua New Guinea by 17 runs12:13 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Bangladesh defeat Oman in must-win game11:32 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Why was Yuvraj Singh arrested?11:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Indian man tells PM Modi to stop this ‘shameful act' immediately10:26 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021