LHC seeks detailed report over blasphemous contents till Oct 15
LAHORE - The Lahore High Court (LHC) has sought detailed report from Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) and Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) authorities over steps taken against blasphemous contents on social media websites till October 15.
According to details, the LHC on Thursday summoned PTA chairman and FIA director general and directed them to present detailed report over blasphemous contents on social media.
LHC Chief Justice Muhammad Qasim Khan passed the orders while hearing a petition filed by Liaqat Ali Chohan over inaction against delinquent persons involved in posting derogatory remarks and pictures about sacred religious personalities on social media.
- ‘Dirty Arabs, Go Home’ – Muslim women stabbed at Eiffel Tower ...06:28 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan asks Afghanistan for proper management after stampede deaths05:45 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- Beaconhouse Group partners with Teach For Pakistan for ending ...05:29 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- Guardians of Velayat Sky-99: Iran kicks off large-scale aerial ...04:58 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- Fast & Furious franchise soon to reach the finish line!03:24 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- Imran Abbas meets Ertugrul star Cem Uçan in Turkey02:23 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- Shahid Afridi celebrates 20 years of marriage01:17 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- At least five killed, 20 injured in explosion near Karachi's Maskan ...10:27 AM | 21 Oct, 2020
- India bars Zimbabwe head coach from travelling to Pakistan03:08 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran Khan enjoyed PDM’s rallies, says Faisal Javed01:12 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- SC commission to look after Bahria Town funds11:27 AM | 20 Oct, 2020