Illegal loan waivers: SC re-orders beneficiaries to pay off 75% within ten days
A three-member bench headed by Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar heard the suo moto case pertaining to illegal waivers of bank loans worth of Rs 54 billion by influential persons and companies.
During the course of proceedings, the CJ remarked that those companies and individuals willing to pay off the loan should inform the court and for the rest of individuals and companies would be passed an appropriate order.
Justice Nisar observed that the court had to allocate the repaid amount towards the construction of dams in the country.
A commission should be formed to sort out the matter, he remarked.
A private bank’s official, present during the hearing, told the court that talks were ongoing with customers who have taken out loans from the bank, to which the chief justice responded that the parties should sit together and resolve their issues.
Earlier the apex court warned the parties that if they would failed to pay off the loans then their cases would be sent to the banking courts.
- Pakistan condemns Indian army for killing another three Kashmiris07:39 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan felicitates UK on Queen’s 95th official birthday07:02 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Multan Sultans take on Peshawar Zalmi tonight06:38 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Islamabad United set 153-run target for Lahore Qalandars ...05:56 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Hira Mani opens up about supporting Asim Azhar during recent ...05:40 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic leaves fans stunned with sizzling beach ...03:37 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Tiger Shroff’s mother Ayesha wishes Disha Patani on her birthday12:49 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- #BoycottKareenaKhan trends on social media over Sita character12:17 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021