Panama pleas: PTI submits more evidence against PM Nawaz in SC
The fresh documents submitted include letters exchanged in 2012 between law firms Mossack Fonseca and Minerva Services over beneficial owners of the offshore companies and an email record.
The documents include an interview of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif with renowned journalist Hamid Mir.
PTI has also presented the British Virgin Island Director Financial Investigation’s letter to Mossack Fonseca’s money laundering reporting officer as part of the evidence.
Through the submission of fresh documents, PTI is all set to trap government once again regarding the conflict in statements of premier. The Supreme Court of Pakistan would resume hearing of Panama Leaks case on Wednesday (tomorrow).
The hearing of the case had been adjourned till the first week of January by the Chief Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali on December 9 as he said he would not sit on any bench after the full court reference.
“This hearing should not be considered part heard. The Panama Leaks case will be heard by a new bench,” Justice (retd) Jamali had said.
A five-judge larger bench headed by Justice Asif Saeed Khosa has now been constituted by the Supreme Court. Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar, who was recently sworn in as the new chief justice will not be part of the new bench.
The larger bench has been formed for January 4, 5 and 6 and includes judges, Justice Ijaz Afzal Khan, Justice Gulzar Ahmad, Justice Azmat Saeed and Justice Ijaz-ul-Ahsan.
- 'Neelofar' starring Fawad, and Mahira gets a release date08:54 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Punjab police to take over Banigala's security after Gill’s arrest08:10 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan braces for more rains under new monsoon spell07:18 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani PM hails UAE investment in phone call with Emirate ruler06:44 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Eshal Fayyaz gives befitting reply to trolls for moral policing05:58 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Adeel Chaudhry spills the beans on his wedding plans05:06 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani wins hearts with latest video02:05 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022