So what! - PTI's Naeem ul Haque does not apologize for calling Mullah Mansour 'shaheed'
ISLAMABAD (Web Desk) - Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) spokesman Naeem-ul- Haque on Thursday defended his stance over the killing of Afghan Taliban chief Mullah Mansour.
Earlier, while speaking to a private news channel, he had had that the late Taliban Chief was a "martyr" killed for "fighting for his homeland by a US drone strike.
Talking to a local newspaper Naeem said, "Fighting to liberate your homeland is a just cause."
He reiterated that he believes 'shaheed' (martyr) is a "political term" and even Indian Muslim soldiers killed in Kargil by Pakistani forces were called 'shaheed'.
Earlier after Mullah Mansour was killed in a drone strike, Naeem commented in a talk show "The US drone strike in Balochistan in which Afghan Taliban chief Mullah Mansour was killed, I'd rather say was martyred,".
This attracted criticism from different quarters of the public, who slammed him for his pro-militant comment while others termed it a mistake.
Furthermore, Naeem tweeted on Friday (today) that those who sacrifice their life for a just cause are shaheed (martyr).
Anyone who lays down his life fighting for a just cause is shaheed. Fighting 2liberate your homeland from foreign occupation is a just cause— Naeem ul Haque (@naeemul_haque) June 3, 2016
Earlier, the PTI chief Imran Khan had also evaded a question asked by an anchor regarding whether he considered Imran Khan's Reply">Osama Bin Laden to be a terrorist or not.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020