6 militants killed as Pakistan Army foils cross-border attacks in KP and Balochistan
RAWALPINDI - Security forces repulsed terrorist attacks from across the Pak-Afghan border, killing a total of six terrorists in two separates areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said on Sunday.
According to the military's media wing, the attacks targeted border posts and border fencing parties in the Bajaur area of KP and the Qamar Din Qarez area in Balochistan. Security personnel have foiled seven infiltration attempts in the Bajaur area alone during the last 24 hours, it added.
"Taking advantage of ungoverned spaces and [with] facilitation [from] inside Afghanistan, terrorists are resorting to such attacks to prevent fencing and construction of border posts," the ISPR statement further read.
Pakistan’s military has so far fenced off more than 43km of the frontier with Afghanistan to restrict the movement of terrorists from across the country. The military has also planned to recruit tens of thousands of new troops to man the border. It is not clear how long it will take to fence the entire boundary.
- ECC meeting underway in Islamabad to review countrywide economic ...01:32 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Prophet’s (P.B.U.H) Mosque in Madina Munawara to open gradually ...12:30 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- My 23-year-old cousin died because of coronavirus, take this disease ...04:27 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020