World Cup 1992 Champions to be invited to Imran Khan's inauguration
PTI’s Senator Faisal Javed took to Twitter on Saturday to share that the players who lifted the World Cup in 1992, “will be invited to Skipper's Oath Taking Ceremony”.
Champions of World Cup 1992 Cricket World Cup will be invited to Skipper's Oath Taking Ceremony inshALLAH pic.twitter.com/rlZxo2xDaH— Faisal Javed Khan (@FaisalJavedKhan) August 4, 2018
They include Shahid Saeed, Aamir Sohail, Aaqib Javed, Ijaz Ahmed, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Javed Miandad, Moin Khan (wk), Mushtaq Ahmed, Rameez Raja, Saleem Malik, Wasim Akram, Wasim Haider, and Zahid Fazal.
Khan, who is set to become the country’s new prime minister, may take oath of the office on 14 August. Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) emerged as the single largest party in the 24 July elections, winning 116 National Assembly seats out of the contested 270 parliamentary constituencies.
Khan, 65, had earlier expressed his desire to take the oath of office on August 11.
The PTI had initially planned to invite several foreign personalities including Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan and Indian cricket legends Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavaskar and Navjot Singh Siddhu to the swearing-in ceremony. But decided against it later.
The final of the 1992 ICC Cricket World Cup was played at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne on 28 June. The match was won by Pakistan under their captain Imran Khan who defeated England by 22 runs to lift their first ever World Cup trophy.
- Karachi police bust ‘burger gang’ involved in house robberies in ...10:30 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- PCB unveils team Pakistan’s official jersey for T20 World Cup08:45 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reopens shrines, cinemas for fully vaccinated visitors08:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021