PM Imran Khan to meet Donald Trump in first US visit on July 22
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan will meet US President Donald Trump on July 22, Foreign Office spokesperson Mohammad Faisal said on Thursday.
Khan will be visiting Washington on the invitation of Trump, Faisal said at a press conference, adding that during the visit the focus will be on further improving the ties between the two countries.
It will be Khan's first trip to the US since assuming power following the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf's victory in the 2018 general elections. Relations with Washington have been tense since then, with Trump cutting off aid and accusing Pakistan of failing to do enough to fight terrorism .
The FO spokesman, in his weekly briefing, said the visit is aimed at "refreshing bilateral relations."
The confirmation of the meeting between the two leaders comes after the US State Department on Tuesday designated the Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) as a global terrorist group, paving the way for similar actions by the UN and other states.
Days ahead of the meeting, the top 13 leaders of the banned Jamaat-ud Dawa (JuD), including its chief and Mumbai terror attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed, were booked in nearly two dozen cases of terror financing and money laundering.
President Trump approaches PM Imran for help in ... 02:45 PM | 3 Dec, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday disclosed that he had received a letter from US President Donald Trump ...
Washington has long been frustrated with Pakistan , accusing it of harbouring the Taliban and other militants who operate in Afghanistan . Islamabad denies the allegations, pointing to the staggering cost of its war against homegrown extremists.
Relations appear to have improved since Pakistan lent its support to US-Taliban peace talks that began last year.
Stop using Pakistan as scapegoat for America's ... 10:25 PM | 19 Nov, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan fired back Monday after Donald Trump accused Pakistan of harboring Osama bin ...
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Balochistan doctors allowed to carry out private practice in ...05:23 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- LNG for Pakistan: Islamabad to host int'l conference on 31st05:01 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019