Saudi, Emirati FMs call on PM Imran in Kashmir-centred trip
ISLAMABAD - Saudi Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Adel bin Ahmed Al-Jubeir and UAE Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan called on Prime Minister Imran Khan on Wednesday.
The visiting dignitaries jointly met the prime minister at the PM office and discussed the ongoing crisis in Indian occupied Kashmir and the evolving situation.
Foreign Ministers of Saudia and UAE meet PM Imran Khan pic.twitter.com/sSWnNjzTll— Khalid khi (@khalid_pk) September 4, 2019
The foreign ministers landed in the capital a short while ago and also called on their Pakistani counterpart, Shah Mehmood Qureshi.
Addressing a press conference on Wednesday, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi expressed that there was no confusion regarding the support provided by Saudi Arabia and UAE to Pakistan after his meeting with the visiting ministers.
Pakistan and Saudi Arabia share a different kind of association with one another and there can be no comparison about the intensity and effectiveness of strategic ties between the two countries, Qureshi said.
The foreign minister said Pakistan desires Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) to play its role, adding that he was much more satisfied after the recent meeting with the visiting ministers.
I have informed the foreign ministers of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates about the situation in occupied Kashmir , Shah Mehmood Qureshi said.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019