Aseefa Bhutto Zardari angry over poisoning of stray dogs in Karachi
“I am extremely angry about this,” Ms Bhutto said in a tweet.
— Aseefa B Zardari (@AseefaBZ) August 4, 2016
Officials have poisoned hundreds of dogs in Karachi in the latest effort to curb a population of strays that attack thousands of people each year in the teeming mega-city of some 20 million.
Bodies of dead dogs littered areas of the city where municipal workers gathered them for disposal.
Last year, Karachi's Jinnah Hospital treated 6,500 people bitten by dogs and this year so far it has seen 3,700 cases.
- PM Imran congratulates newly-elected Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi10:12 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Islamabad United opt to field first against Multan ...08:18 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Matric students to prepare board exams through Exam Prep Master ...05:49 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Madhuri Dixit and Jaaved Jaaferi set the stage on fire with killer ...05:00 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas lands in hot waters after latest photoshoot04:06 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021